Nominations are now being accepted!
Application Deadline is April 15, 2017.
The Tennessee Association of Dance annually offers a Professional Development Award of up to $500. This award has been established to recognize the efforts of Tennessee’s dance administrators, artists and teachers, and encourage their continued professional growth and development.
Dance professionals meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Currently earning primary income as a dance administrator, choreographer, performer or teacher.
- Currently earning primary income as a dance professional in the State of Tennessee.
- Professional membership in the Tennessee Association of Dance for 3 of the 5 years prior to the date of application for the award.
Membership should be current at time of application.
This award will be made at the discretion of the Tennessee Association of Dance Board of Directors, on the recommendation of the Tennessee Association of Dance Awards Committee, based on the merit and presentation of the application. TAD is NOT obligated to award the funds annually. The following criteria will be considered in making the award:
- Merit of the proposed project.
- The potential impact of the project on dance in Tennessee communities.
- Past history of applicant’s service to the field of dance.
- Professional history and qualifications of the applicant.
- Commitment to the Tennessee Association of Dance and to the field of dance in Tennessee.
The award is available for a broad range of professional development projects, including but not limited to, continuing education in one’s current dance profession, retooling to change from one dance profession to another, creative and scholarly research directly related to the art of dance.
Documentation of actual expenses may be required. Half of the funds awarded may be made available at the onset of the project with the remainder paid after receipt of documentation of costs. If the entire award will be expended on registration fees or similar costs paid directly to an institution, advance payment of the full amount may be arranged.
Applications for funds must be postmarked no later than April 15. TAD is not responsible for packets lost or delayed in transit. Please use the attached form to make application for the Judith Woodruff Professional Development Award.
- Thomas Yzaguirre: Franklin
- Karen Wilson: Chattanooga
- Deborah Whelan: Knoxville
Judith Woodruff Professional Development Award